Serves six to eight
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 bunch collard greens, chopped (about 4 to 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs. coarse ground mustard
- 1 tbs. pumpkin seed oil or olive oil
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast at 375 degrees F on a baking sheet for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss collards with sweet potatoes directly on the hot baking sheet, then return to the oven for another five minutes until the greens begin to wilt.
- Transfer greens and sweet potatoes into a bowl and mix with pumpkin seeds, dried cherries and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustard and pumpkin seed oil together, then toss with the salad.
- Enjoy at room temperature immediately, or refrigerate until serving.