Serves | 4
- 1 lb. fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- A few leaves of fresh peppermint
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Olive oil to taste
- Pinch of Aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes
- Handful of edible flowers, such as pea blossoms or nasturtiums
- Trim the tips of the sugar snap peas on both ends, remove the strings if they bother you, and cut some in half lengthwise.
- Blanch the peas quickly, just about 30 seconds, and shock in ice water.
- Slice the radishes thinly.
- Combine the peas, radishes, cheese and peppermint in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper and garnish of edible flowers.
(Recipes reprinted with permission from Seamus Mullen’s Hero Food by Seamus Mullen/Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC.)
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson