Makes | six bite-size salads
- 9 ounces fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 2 tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbs. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, or soy sauce
- 1 tbs. mirin (rice wine)
- Prepare an ice bath to chill the spinach by filling a large bowl with water and about 2 cups of ice cubes.
- In a steamer basket, steam the spinach lightly, for 1 to 1½ minutes, then quickly plunge spinach into the ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the chilled spinach and gently press out the excess water from the leaves.
- Place spinach in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds, the liquid amino acids and mirin.
- Garnish tossed salad with remaining sesame seeds and serve.
(For a special presentation, roll seasoned spinach in a bamboo sushi mat to form a cylinder, slice into six sections, and garnish with the remaining sesame seeds.)
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson