Makes four servings
- 2 to 3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 tbs. chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tbs. dried)
- 2 quarts organic chicken stock
- 6 to 12 ounces spiral gluten-free pasta or cooked brown rice (optional)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from the bone
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1– to 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, add oil and sauté the onion until caramelized. Add in the carrots, celery, and parsley, and sauté until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the pasta (if using), and boil until three-quarters done.
- Add the chicken and cabbage, and cook until the cabbage is softened.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.