Makes four servings
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 orange pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup whole portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. organic gluten-free tempeh, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
Special equipment: Wooden or metal skewers
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables, pineapple, and tempeh. In a separate glass container, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and spice.
- Pour marinade over vegetables, stir to coat, and refrigerate one to two hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Alternate vegetables, pineapple, and tempeh on skewers and cook, turning onto all sides until done, approximately 10 minutes.