Makes | 4 servings
For the Marinade
- 2 tbs. whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbs. honey
- 2 tbs. orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
For the Kebabs
- 1 8-ounce package of tempeh, steamed and cooled, cut into 16 cubes
- 8 crimini mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Combine the marinade ingredients in small mixing bowl.
- Thread one tempeh cube, one mushroom, one slice zucchini, one tempeh, one sliced red pepper. Repeat until skewers are loaded.
- Arrange kebabs in 13-by-9-inch pan and pour the marinade over them. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for one hour. Ladle marinade over kebabs a few times while marinating.
- Preheat a grill or broiler over medium heat. Add the kebabs and cook on each side for about four minutes. Baste kebabs with the remaining marinade as they are cooking. The vegetables and tempeh should have grill marks and still be tender-crisp.
Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson