Makes 8 to 10 cups
- 1 bunch kale, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup seeded, chopped tomato
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the kale stems, then cut the leaves into 2-inch squares.
- Blend together the onion, tomato, and garlic, mix with the remaining ingredients, and toss with the kale.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet, and arrange the kale pieces in one layer on top.
- Bake for eight minutes, turn each kale piece over, and bake for another eight minutes until crispy.
- Store in an airtight container.