Makes four servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: five minutes
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and prepare a large bowl of ice water. Use a slotted spoon to carefully lower eggs into the boiling water, then reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil. Cook for six and a half minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and put in ice water to chill. After two minutes, peel the eggs. Note they’ll still be warm.
- Put bacon in a large skillet, then place over medium heat and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the kale to the bacon grease in the pan and sauté, turning with tongs, until wilted. While the kale cooks, whisk balsamic vinegar, honey, and mustard in a small bowl with salt and pepper.
- When the kale is dark green and softened, pour the vinegar mixture over the kale, then toss to coat. Transfer kale to four plates and sprinkle with red onion and cherry tomatoes.
- Top each salad with a halved egg and crumbled bacon.