Serves | four
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup red or green prepared salsa
- 1 15-ounce can seasoned black beans
- 1/4 cup Cotija or feta cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Warm the tortillas directly over the gas fire or in a dry skillet and keep warm while you prepare the eggs according to your preference (basted is especially nice, but you can also gently fry or scramble them). Warm the salsa and the black beans.
- Arrange an egg on each tortilla, and top with the salsa and a crumble of Cotija cheese.
- Serve with the black beans and a side of avocado and chopped fresh cilantro, if you like.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson