Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time. As a thank you, get 20 percent off your next $100-plus purchase of Life Time supplements.
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut in half with seeds removed
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tomato halves on a baking sheet coated with the olive oil. Roast the tomatoes for 20 minutes or until they have a browned. Cool.
Place roasted tomatoes in a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds). (If you like hot salsa, add extra jalapeño!)