Makes | 24 macaroons
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract and/or 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Beat egg whites with sea salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold in the vanilla and/or almond extract, maple sugar, almond flour, and shredded coconut.
- Spoon tablespoon-size mounds of batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool for five minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson