Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
- 2/3 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/4 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs. avocado oil, divided
- 1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and cubed
- Sea salt, to taste
Macro Magic: This recipe offers everything you want in a weeknight meal, including a balance of macronutrients: protein from the beans, healthy fat from the avocado, and carbohydrates from the variety of colorful veggies.
This recipe is part of our Something Simple department, which features one-pot, 30-minutes-or-less, or 10-ingredients-or-less recipes that make it easier to eat healthy in a pinch.
Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling: Betsy Nelson