One of the many obstacles parents have faced over these past couple of years has been disrupted or a lack of access to extracurricular and enrichment opportunities for their children. This summer, kids deserve some fun — and parents, some downtime.
“One thing we hear all the time from parents who enroll their children in activities at Life Time is how much they appreciate the convenience factor,” says Alicia Kockler, vice president of Life Time Kids. “Because our breadth of offerings is so vast, you can fit in everything you want your children to do in a single place, avoiding extra shuttling around or scheduling hassles.”
Options range from drop-off kid programming to family events, with offerings available for all ages, abilities, and interests — many of which are also included in Junior Memberships.
“Every family has different wants and needs, and we built our offerings to accommodate that,” says Kockler. “Need a safe place for child care while you work? Want something to do outside of your home as a family? Looking to fit in a workout while your kids also stay active? We can check all those boxes.”
Gather inspiration for planning your family’s summer schedule with these ideas for healthy activities that’ll keep your kids active and engaged all season long.
Kid Time Fun
- Camp. Weekly half- and full-day camps feature different themes and activities, plus weekly field trips and the opportunity for social electives such as yoga, swimming, basketball, or racquet sports. New this year, swim lessons are included in full-day summer camp programs. (If you’re curious what summer camp is like, read “Summer Camp at Life Time: A Sneak Peek.”)
- Kids events. Mom and dad can enjoy an evening to themselves while kids have a blast with us at our monthly Parent’s Night Out or themed events, such as “Mad Science” or “Slime and Splash.” Bonus: We provide dinner so you pick your kids up fed and ready for bed.
- Tween events. Older kids can explore different areas of the club and participate in activities such as sports, swimming, and games.
- Swim programming. Lessons are always offered to help your kids learn water safety and become strong swimmers. This time of year, our Summer Swim Team is also an option for kids to try out the fun and competition of being on a team.
- GameFace Sport: Kids ages 5 to 8 and 9 to 13 can take their sports skills to the next level with these classes designed to teach confidence in athletics and provide fundamental training.
- Drop-in play. As a member, you can take advantage of up to 2.5 hours of child care while you use the club. Specific offerings are available for infants, toddlers, and kids, including weekly themed activities.
- Basketball. Little ballers can work on their game with options for camps, clinics, and private or small-group training.
- Kids Studio Classes. Younger and older kids can get in a great workout by taking these kid-friendly, 30-minute class versions of some of Life Time’s most popular studio formats. Choose from SOL yoga, Warrior Sculpt, SHRED, or Ringside.
- Tennis. Small-group classes are a chance for kids to enjoy the fun of this racquet sport, while also developing fundamental tennis skills and improving their athleticism.
Family Time Fun
- Pool play. Enjoy family swim time for water fun — indoors or outdoors. When the weather’s warm, lounge in the sun poolside while your kids splash.
- Open gym. Shoot some hoops or play a friendly game of pickup, HORSE, or Around the World.
- Family workouts. Build fitness habits together with Grown Up and Me classes or Family Fitness Events. Check the Life Time Digital app to view the timing and frequency at your athletic country club location.
- Pickup sports. Partake in some family competition with a game of tennis, pickleball, or racquetball, or test your climbing skills together on the rock wall.
- Mealtime. All this activity is bound to work up an appetite. Enjoy a healthy meal you don’t have to cook or clean up in the LifeCafe or to take it to go.