Serves | 4 to 6
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs. tamari
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups cubed portobello mushroom caps (about 2 large caps), or 2 cups sliced mushrooms of your choice
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs. minced gingerroot
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 4 cups roughly chopped Asian greens, such as baby bok choy, napa cabbage, or Chinese broccoli
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbs. potato starch
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- Make a marinade with the pineapple juice, honey, tamari and rice wine vinegar. Marinate the mushrooms for about a half hour.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade, reserving marinade for later.
- Heat sesame oil in a large sauté pan or wok, and add onion, gingerroot, toasted sesame oil and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms soften.
- Add the Asian greens and sauté until they’re wilted, then add the reserved marinade liquid and vegetable stock.
- Separately, mix the potato starch with 1/4 cup water. When the liquid in the sauté pan begins to simmer, add the potato starch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Serve mushrooms and greens over brown rice.