Makes | four servings
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 leeks, chopped and washed (about 2 cups)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach, packed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 radishes, sliced thin
- 3 ounces chèvre
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and sauté the leeks and celery until almost tender.
- Add the garlic and seeds, and sauté for another five minutes, then add the parsley and stock.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the spinach and cook for just a couple of minutes.
- Purée the soup until smooth, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish each bowl with the radishes and chèvre.