Serves | four
- 4 cups carrots, peeled, shredded with a grater and packed
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 tsp. orange flower water (available at a Middle Eastern or gourmet market, as well as online)
- 2 oranges, juiced and zested
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss the grated carrots with the currants in a medium salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange flower water (omit if it’s not readily available), orange juice and zest, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil. Toss dressing with the currants and carrots.
- Store salad in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Keeps well for two to three days.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson