Makes four servings
Preparation time: 40 to 55 minutes
Supplies: 4 unbleached parchment-paper sandwich bags
- 4 cups thinly sliced vegetables (carrots, zucchini, fennel, celery, leeks, asparagus, scallions, snow pea pods, tomatoes, kale, collard greens, etc.)
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (e.g., chives, fennel, dill, tarragon, parsley, oregano)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. white wine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In each parchment bag, arrange 1 cup of mixed veggies. Top with a salmon fillet, and sprinkle with herbs, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with white wine, if desired.
- Fold the edge of the parchment bag over two or three times and crimp to seal. Place the bags on a baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to sit for five minutes.
- Cut each bag open and serve.