Makes four servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs. avocado oil or coconut oil, divided
- 10 oz. frozen Brussels sprouts
- 5 oz. frozen sliced carrots
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar or other granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place a heavy sheet pan in the oven to preheat.
- Place the balsamic vinegar in a small pan and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about five minutes, until you have 3 to 4 tablespoons of thick balsamic glaze.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil, then return to the oven for one minute.
- Place the frozen vegetables in a large bowl and coat with remaining oil and optional sugar. Transfer to sheet pan and roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are lightly browned. Sprinkle veggies with salt and pepper, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve hot.