Makes | four servings
- 4 six-inch gluten-free or whole-grain crusts
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 cups roasted beets, peeled and sliced (about 5 to 6 medium beets)
- 2 cups sliced asparagus
- 4 oz. chèvre
- Chopped kalamata olives, minced preserved lemon, chopped walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes or caramelized onions, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. If you have a pizza stone, preheat it on the middle rack of the oven.
- Spread each crust with 2 tablespoons basil pesto and top each equally with the mozzarella, beets, asparagus and chèvre.
- Bake until cheese is lightly browned, about five to seven minutes.
- Top with olives and lemons, walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes or caramelized onions, as desired.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a salad.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson