Makes | 8 falafel patties
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. potato starch
- 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs. water
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the garbanzo beans, onions, garlic, potato starch, spices and salt in a food processor and blend until mixture is just a bit coarse. Pulse in the chopped parsley.
- Form the garbanzo mixture into eight small patties.
- Spread olive oil on a heavy baking sheet. Arrange patties on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes on each side.
- For the Lemon-Tahini Sauce, mix all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.