Makes | 4 servings
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery,
- with leaves
- 3 tbs. mayonnaise or plain
- Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pieces whole-kernel rye bread
- Pinch of paprika, optional
- Cover eggs with cold water in a medium saucepan, cover pan and bring to a rolling boil. Turn off heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Rinse eggs under cold water to stop cooking process.
- Peel the eggs, chop and place in mixing bowl. Mix in celery, mayonnaise or yogurt, Dijon mustard, dill, salt and pepper.
- Toast the rye bread and cut into points or triangles, then arrange on a plate with egg salad. Dust with paprika if you like.
Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson