Makes | 24 dolmades
- 24 collard green leaves (about 2 to 3 bunches), tough stems removed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, quinoa, or millet
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring one quart of water to boil in a saucepan.
- Blanch the collard greens, two to three leaves at a time, for about one minute. Drain, shock in a bowl of ice water, and dry.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling onto the center of each collard green and wrap up like a burrito.
- Secure the dolmades with a toothpick and chill until ready to serve.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson