Makes 15 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cubed whole-wheat bread
- 3 3/4 cups cubed day-old cornbread
- 1/4 pound ground turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 cup turkey stock or chicken
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread the whole wheat and cornbread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for five to seven minutes until evenly toasted. Transfer toasted bread cubes to a large bowl.
In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned. Add the celery, sage, rosemary and thyme; cook, stirring, for two minutes to blend flavors.
Pour sausage mixture over bread in bowl. Mix in chopped apples, dried cranberries and parsley. Drizzle with turkey stock and melted butter, and mix lightly.
Bake in a casserole dish at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated to 160 degrees.