Makes | 1 cup
- 2 egg yolks
- Juice of one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 anchovy filets
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, blend egg yolks with lemon juice, garlic, anchovies, Parmesan cheese and red wine vinegar until smooth.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil until the dressing becomes thick and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Add 1/4 cup more olive oil if you want it to be a thicker dressing, more like a mayonnaise.)
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson