Makes: four servings
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices pancetta, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 heads baby bok choy, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, apple cider or apple juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil and add the pancetta, cooking until almost crisp.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Then add the bok choy and sauté until just tender but still firm. Add the sherry and stir to deglaze the pan. Simmer for about two to three minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.