- Mix up your favorite chili.
- In the last five minutes of cooking or reheating, toss in a hearty heeling of chopped cooked turkey meat.
- Top with a dollop of tangy Greek yogurt and chopped green onion.
- Add a flourish of cayenne or red chili pepper for extra spice, and some fresh cilantro for color and scent.
Cubed Turkey on Salads
- Top salads with leftover turkey and add your favorite seasonal ingredients, such as diced pear or apple, dried cranberries and toasted pecans.
Bonus: Use up leftover cranberry sauce by making it into a quick vinaigrette: add 1 tablespoon red wine vein gear to 1/4 cup cranberry sauce, whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil, then add salt and black pepper to taste.
Turkey Avocado Wrap
- On a sprouted-grain wrap, spread cranberry mustard spread (equal parts of Dijon mustard and cranberry sauces) or cranberry Thai chili spread (one part Thai chili sauce to three parts cranberry sauce).
- Add shredded Napa cabbage, sliced avocado (or try thin slices of cucumber with the thai chili sauce), shredded turkey meat, and thinly sliced strips of red bell pepper.
- Roll up the wrap, and cut it in half diagonally.
Asian Turkey Slaw
- Mixed shredded turkey into your favorite slaw mix.
- Toss with tahini dressing and sesame vinaigrette, then add green onions and toasted slivered almonds for crunch.
This recipe originally appeared in “How to Cook a Heritage Turkey“.