Banana Berry Smoothie With Cordyceps
Power up your workout with cordyceps, a type of dried mushroom that reduces inflammation.
Makes two servings • Prep time 30 minutes, plus 3 to 5 hours to freeze the ice cubes • Cook time 0 minutes
- 15 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 gram dried cordyceps
- 2 medium bananas, frozen
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 ½ cups water
- Add coconut milk and cordyceps to a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for two to three minutes, then remove from heat and allow the cordyceps to steep for an additional 15 minutes.
- Strain the coconut milk and pour it into an ice-cube tray. Freeze completely.
- Add the banana, berries, water, and frozen coconut-milk cubes to a blender and blend until smooth.
Matcha and Goji Berry Energy Bites
These bites are perfect for a midday boost since matcha and goji berries help with focus and energy.
Makes 24 balls • Prep time 45 minutes • Cook time 0 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup almond butter or cashew butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for rolling
- ½ cup goji berries
- 2 tbs. chia seeds
- 2 tbs. matcha powder
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 24 balls (about 1 heaping tablespoon each). Roll each ball in additional shredded coconut until coated and transfer to a plate or baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before enjoying. Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes 1 serving • Prep time 10 minutes • Cook time 5 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag chamomile tea
- ½ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbs. honey, or to taste
- ½ tsp. ashwagandha
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- Bring water to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and pour into a large mug. Add the chamomile tea bag and steep, covered, for four to six minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and stir in coconut milk, honey, ashwagandha, and turmeric.
Notes: Froth the coconut milk before adding it to the tea, if desired. Turmeric and ashwagandha may settle over time.
Reishi and Maca Overnight Oats
This oatmeal recipe includes reishi and maca to help support your immune system.
Makes 1 serving • Prep time 10 minutes, plus overnight • Cook time 0 minutes
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbs. maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 ½ tbs. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. reishi mushroom powder
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- ½ large banana, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbs. cacao nibs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, oats, maple syrup, cocoa powder, reishi mushroom powder, maca powder, and, if desired, protein powder. Mix until well combined and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, top with banana, walnuts, and cacao nibs.