Presents, tidings, and tinsel — it’s the most wonderful time of the year. But for many, these festive months bring stress and anxiety over never-ending to-do lists, obligations, and gift-giving.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, remember, you’re not alone. Life Time is here to provide positive support and resources so you can successfully take on this holiday season.
Tackle Last-Minute To-Dos
Budgets, calendars, and to-do lists are front and center this time of year. Let us help you make your list more manageable.
1. Look and feel your best. Schedule your LifeSpa appointment for holiday-ready skin, hair, and nails. It’s easy to book online or by using the Life Time Digital app.
2. Finish your shopping and give healthy gifts. From gift cards and gear to training and nutritionals, find a healthy-living gift for everyone on your list with options online and in your athletic country club. (Looking for ideas? Read: “What’s on 7 Healthy-Living Experts’ 2022 Holiday Gift Lists”)
3. Cook like a pro. Whether you’re dining with your partner or kids, or a group of friends and family, these healthy, tasty dishes are sure to please.
Stay Calm With Self-Care
The holidays are all about spending time with loved ones, but it’s important to also have time for yourself. Don’t be afraid to take a timeout from your to-dos for some self-care.
4. Feel the tension melt away. Our luxurious whirlpools offer a place to unwind — in addition to their health benefits.
5. Find your release. Exercise is one of the best things you can do for stress relief. Take a calming yoga class or a high-intensity cycle or studio class — the choice is yours. Plus, with classes offered in your athletic country club, on demand, and via livestreaming, there’s sure to be an option that fits your hectic schedule. You can also use up to 2.5 hours of childcare per day while you’re at Life Time. (Hours vary by club.)
6. Book a massage. Massage can alleviate anxiety, as well as interrupt stress-inducing patterns, nudging your body back to a natural state of balance. Your massage therapist will guide you through a personalized consultation to meet your needs.
7. Get your skin glowing. Improve your skin health while also pampering yourself. Our relaxing facial services offer options for all skin needs, whether you want to calm, clarify, firm, or brighten.
8. Take a moment to meditate. Under stress? Feeling nervous or anxious? Needing a moment to cool down or relax? Try these expert-recommended meditations for various moods, all available in the Life Time Digital app.
Save Time, Do More
Every minute counts during this whirlwind season. Free up your schedule and spend more time enjoying what’s important to you.
9. Let us watch your kids. Tackle your holiday prep-work or simply enjoy some quiet time while your kids have fun with us at our drop-off events— unlimited events are included in a Junior Membership.
10. Grab good-for-you meals to go. Order ahead from the LifeCafe using the Life Time Digital app and your food will be waiting for you when you’re ready. Or stop by on your way out of your athletic country club for a shake or freshly prepared, packaged meal from the cooler.
11. Save time for later. Plan ahead now so you’re not scrambling during a school break, closure, or other day you could use childcare. Set your family up for success by registering for school-break camps or kids events.
Keep Up Your Healthy Habits
Enjoy your holiday traditions, but don’t let them throw off your routine. We have resources to help you stick to your healthy habits.
12. Make working out a priority. Block off time on your calendar by using the Life Time Digital app to reserve a yoga, studio, or cycle class.
13. Stay accountable. Need help staying on track? A Dynamic Personal Trainer can provide strategies to help you when distractions and indulgences are in abundance. And if you’ve never worked with a trainer before, your first consultation session is on us.
14. Find room for whole foods. Aiming to maintain healthy eating habits 80 percent of the time still leaves 20 percent for party foods and holiday goodies. When you’re in a pinch, try these simple sheet pan meals or keep these items on hand to always be minutes away from an easy, wholesome meal.
15. Use the network of athletic country clubs. If you’re traveling to cities outside of your home club this holiday season, you can visit any of our 160-plus locations throughout the United States and Toronto. Hear more in this message from Life Time CEO and Founder Bahram Akradi.