Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
- See “How to Poach Salmon“
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 3 tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt
- 2 cups tightly packed watercress
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tbs. minced gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup tightly packed mint leaves
- 1/4 cup tightly packed flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice
Salad Directions: First make a vinaigrette: Place cilantro, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, gingerroot, and maple syrup into a small food processor and process about one minute, until smooth.
Rinse the edamame well and mix with a spritz of lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt. Combine with watercress and cabbage, and toss. Just before serving, dress with cilantro vinaigrette and top with sesame seeds.
Pesto Directions: Place all ingredients in a small food processor. Blend until smooth, about one minute. Spoon pesto onto the poached salmon fillets and serve.