Makes | 4 servings
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tbs. finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 tbs. finely chopped lemongrass or 1 tbs. fresh lemon or orange zest
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 Thai chili or jalapeño pepper, finely chopped, optional1 bunch asparagus, about 2 cups, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- Heat the coconut oil in a heavy skillet, and sauté the ginger, lemongrass, cashews and Thai chili until the cashews are golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the asparagus, scallions and mushrooms to the hot skillet and cook until almost tender.
- Add the orange juice and tamari and cook for one to two minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cashew mixture and Thai basil leaves.
- Serve with brown rice or as a side dish.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson