Makes | 4 to 6 servings
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbs. fresh gingerroot, minced
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly into small sticks
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes of firm tofu
- 4 tbs. sherry vinegar
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup bean sprouts and/or microgreens for garnish
- Bring stock to a simmer in a medium saucepan and add the ginger, mushrooms and carrots. Simmer until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer until the asparagus is just cooked through.
- Serve warm, garnished with bean sprouts and microgreens.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson