Makes four 6-inch pizzas
Preparation time: 45 to 60 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (1 pint) cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups baby arugula or spinach
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
MAKE THE CRUST
- Steam the cauliflower until tender. Cool and then pulse in a food processor until it resembles couscous.
- Pour the cauliflower into a strainer, then press out the excess moisture.
- Mix the cauliflower with the remaining crust ingredients. Divide into four mounds and press each into a 6-inch circle on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit about 15 minutes.
PREPARE THE TOPPINGS
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil, and roast the tomatoes in the oven until they burst, about 15 minutes.
- Toss the tomatoes with the bacon, and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each pizza crust with the tomato-bacon mixture, mozzarella, and basil.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and then dress with a handful of arugula or spinach.