Makes | 4 servings
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 cup crumbled tempeh
- 1 tbs. smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Pepper jack cheese and cilantro, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, celery, bell pepper, squash and tempeh crumbles together until the vegetables start to get tender.
- Add the spices and sauté for another two to three minutes.
- Add the broth and beans and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with grated pepper jack cheese and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson