Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
- 2 tbs. olive oil or butter
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 1 tbs. garlic, minced
- 10 larges carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups turkey drippings or stock
- 6 cups shredded, cooked turkey
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 oz. baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 0.5 oz. sage
- 0.75 oz. thyme
- 10 cups turkey stock, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup wild rice blend
Add the butter or oil, onion, and garlic to a large pot over medium heat and cook until the onions are translucent.
Add the carrots, celery, and turkey drippings. Cook for an additional five minutes.
Pour in remaining ingredients except for the wild rice and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for five minutes.
Add the wild rice, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Freeze any leftover soup.