- 1 1/2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 5-ounce bag baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of thin-sliced and julienned prosciutto ham per salad or 2 tablespoons of cooked pulled chicken breast per salad. Whisk vinegar, oil and honey in small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the greens in a large mixing bowl and toss with dressing. Divide the salad greens among four plates.
- Top each salad with 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese, 1/4 cup blueberries and 1 tablespoon walnuts. Top with optional protein if desired.
This recipe was excerpted from “Blueberries” which was published in the July/August 2010 issue of Experience Life magazine.