- 2 pounds fresh Jumbo Lump Crabmeat. Buy the best quality you can find.
- 8 globe artichokes, trimmed, cleaned and soaked in water with a small amount of vinegar, lemon juice or lime juice to prevent browning
- 1 cup diced mixed carrot, celery, onion, garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tbs. diced tomato
- 1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic
- Place 12 ounces water in a large saucepan. Add the wine, vegetables, tomato, garlic and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer and quarter the artichokes.
- Poach gently until tender, let cool in the liquid and reserve. Pull out chokes and center leaves of artichokes. Fill artichokes with crabmeat and garnish with the dressing.
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- 3 chopped scallions
- 12 anchovy filets
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbs. minced shallots
- 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon leaves, loosely packed
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- White vinegar to taste
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- Place all the ingredients except the mayo and vinegar in a blender and pulse to combine. Reserve to a bowl, whisk in the mayo and vinegar to taste. Refrigerate for 3 hours to allow the flavors to bloom.
- Season with lemon juice, black pepper and salt.